Sunday, January 15, 2006

Brrrrr.... I'm COLD today

I am usually sweating like a horse walking by a glue factory, but I am FREEZING today. Someone told me that we're expected to get snow on Monday or Tuesday night, so I'm bracing myself to get colder.

Richard broke it to the kids today that Grandma will probably move in with her sister if anything happens to her sister's husband. They didn't seem too terribly upset. My mother-in-law has lived with us for 11 years this month. I love her, I miss her, I enjoy talking with her. But I'm ready for her to move out. Our house has been so much happier with her gone these last 3 1/2 weeks. I think it's because she's always so NEGATIVE about everything. And it's always all about her. For example, after my sister's husband died three years ago I commented that I was sad that my nieces and nephew had to grow up without their Daddy. My MIL's reply, "Well at least they had their Dad longer than I had MINE." Excuse me? What the fuck?!?! I think a reply such as, "I know how they feel. It's going to be hard." would have been much more appropriate. So that's why I've enjoyed her absence.

Our little puppy is the bone Nazi. If the older dog has a chew bone, the little one steals it from her. If she can't get it back, she barks and growls until she does. I have to put her in her puppy cage to give Libby a chance to chew on a bone. But she doesn't fight over food, so there's no food aggression (thank God!).

I did an open house today and not one single customer walked in. I sent 400 postcards to an apartment, advertised in the Tennessean, and put it on realtracs.com. No one. Nada. Zip. Nothing. That sucks. I think I've spent $400 on trying to sell this house. Anyone want to buy a GREAT house for a very affordable $158,900??? Let me know!

I did start to move offices, but only brought one box downstairs. I don't want to do more until someone helps me put together the new office chair and move my desk (I can't get it pushed against the wall by myself). I also need help to move a filing cabinet down. I sure can't do that alone. :-(

I've babbled long enough, so will end your misery now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home