Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Not Enough for a Snow Cone

For the first time since we've lived here, it SNOWED! There may have been one other dusting last year, but it wasn't enough to cancel school like today's snow. Actually, it was the ice that closed school. At 5:00 a.m., the announcement was that school was being delayed by two hours. To my joy, they changed it to CLOSED shortly thereafter. :::::::happy happy::::::::

I went to the office for floor time early and the sweet, considerate guy agents put my new office chair together, scooted my desk against the wall, and hauled down two filing cabinets (one was very heavy). I was so relieved and grateful they did this. After that, I came home and picked up Hillary & Melissa for lunch. We took their framed school pics and the "money tree" Richard brought me as an office warming gift. Lunch was delish - Rocking Chair Cafe at Gil's Family Center in Smyrna. It's a "Meat and Three" as they say around these here parts. I had never heard that expression until about a month ago. Melissa especially seemed to love the food there - she ate everything but the plate. I think she would've licked it clean had we not dragged her away.

After lunch, we went to work and the girls helped me lug the rest of the stuff downstairs. Why does it take so much longer to unpack than it does to pack? But the office is just about done now and I LOVE IT. I left room on my wall for more awards ::nudge nudge wink wink::. I really really hope I get the Rookie of the Year. I know it's so 6th grade, but I still crave it. There's only one other agent who might get it over me, but I don't think so. I'm always there to help other agents - for example while moving today, I also helped another agent design his new business card online. I sent him to the place I got mine: http://www.greatfxbusinesscards.com. When I got mine in December, it was selected as "Design of the Week" - a great way to feed my conceit!

I brought the girls home at 3:30, then had to be back at 4:00 for more floor time. Unfortunately, it was uneventful. Got home and the idiot dogs had gotten out the front door. Melissa got Cocoa inside (she was attacked by the enthusiasm of Jack, our neighbor's Jack Russell the Terrorist - aka Kangaroo Jack). Melissa has a couple of big scratches on her leg. I told Richard I want him to talk with our neighbor about keeping his dog from running loose. As I drove up to my driveway, I saw the other dog Libby furiously digging a hole in my other neighbor's front yard. That damn dog was neck-deep in that hole and she's a decent sized mutt! She stopped, looked up at me in the car, obviously thought "Screw her! I can do what I want." and then turned back to her digging. Unfortunately, I was on the phone and very inconsiderately yelled "NO!" at the dog. I feel embarrassed about that because I yell "NO!" in a very ugly voice and it probably shattered my caller's eardrum. We ended the conversation, but I did call back to apologize.

Other than that, I've still been on the phone with girls this evening reminding them to turn in their cookie orders. I have to have the orders entered in the Council's computer by midnight tomorrow and still have three out. It's just another thing to add to my "to do" list.

As for tomorrow, it'll be a new day. I'll try very hard not to yell "No!" at my dog while talking with someone on the phone. Arg. I have a meeting in the morning, then hope to meet up with the new agent I'm mentoring at some point. I plan to come home early to be here when Melissa gets home since Richard is still working in Nashville.

I'm close to bedtime, so I'll sign off and go dream of more snow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home