Thursday, May 25, 2006

Get with the Program

The space program, that is. I just spent about five hours on a yellow school bus with no air conditioner heading to and from Huntsville, Alabama for the U.S. Space and Rocket Center with two fifth grade classes. It actually wasn't a horrible experience and I rather enjoyed it. I got six kids to herd around (including my own). For the most part they were well-behaved except for the tendency to go from a casual stride to a run that could rival any rocket there.

I rode the Space Shot for the second time (first time last fall with my older daughter's GS troop). I loved it, but Melissa and her friend Lindsay weren't as enthusiastic. In fact, I think both may have teared up a little from fright. Silly girls. The other two girls and two boys rode two or three times, though.

My ankles are a bit swollen tonight and I'm not sure why. Probably all the walking, then the two and a half hours on the bus home. Another Mom sat next to me instead of kicking the kid in the entire seat in front of us to the back of the bus (too many kids had their own seats for me to have to share one). There was also a wheel well under the seat in front of me, so as a result I couldn't stretch out my legs. Ugh. Okay, enough about swollen legs and hot buses.

One more day of school! WOO!!!!!!!!!! The two classes who went on the field trip have their award ceremonies tomorrow, then I have to go to the office and get some work done.

You know, my mind just went blank so I'm going to say goodbye instead of making you suffer alongside me. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home