Friday, May 05, 2006

TGIF? No TGI-CDM

Happy Cinqo de Mayo day! We just came home from dinner at LaSiesta Mexican Restaurant. As usual, it was good. Made better by $1 Coronas all-day! And I spoke Spanish to the server. And she replied just how they taught us in Spanish class.

Unfortunately, I've missed Spanish class for the last two weeks in a row. Last week I had a listing appointment and this yesterday was Hillary's academic awards ceremony. She won for Honors World History. Yay. She didn't really seem too thrilled, though, although I was! Mom's bragging rights!

Before dinner, we went to my friend Pat's floor store and picked out carpet for our sunroom. It'll be pretty and was much more affordable than laminate or hardwood. We talked about a hard surface because of our dogs, but money made the difference. All the difference. Eep.

I'll take some pictures this weekend and post them. We're still waiting for them to shingle the roof, run the electric, and add the stone to the bottom. Then the carpet. Plus we'll add a ceiling fan. We still don't know what furniture to put in and my husband is still arguing about the treadmill. Grrrr.... I do have a little cafe table and two chairs my sister has loaned us. It was an anniversary gift from her deceased husband, so I told her she could get it back whenever she wanted. I sure do miss that brother-in-law of mine. I can't believe it's been 3 1/2 years.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We celebrated CDM at Los Amigos on S. Lowry. 2 4 1 margaritas. Then we went out afterwards. So much Fun!!

I can't wait to see your new sunroom. It'll give me something to imagine at the back of my house. :)

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home