Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Round Two of Ortho Bills

We got our oldest daughter through braces three years ago. After paying well over $3,000 (closer to $4,000 I think), she had beautiful straight teeth. Then she refused to wear her retainer. Her teeth started getting crooked again. I drove her back to Lexington to be fitted for a new retainer so at least they would stop their backward progress even more. She "lost" it too. So her top teeth have remained straight, but her bottom ones are again uneven. I told her that if she ever wanted braces again, she was on her own.

Melissa seems to be getting more and more self-conscious about her smile and her face. She even told me they call her "Beaver" at school because her front teeth stick otu too far. So we went to Dr. Sabin Ewing in Smyrna today. His prices are very reasonable - we'll be paying $99 p/month for the next 29 months ($2850) and we only have to pay $175 down (Hillary's was $800 down - ouch). Her appointment is next Friday and she's SO EXCITED! I'll keep you posted. Here's her "before" picture.

I'll post the "during" picture when she gets her braces and (of course) the "after" photo in about two years! haha.

Meanwhile, our older daughter, Hillary, received in invite for the LHS award ceremony. She found out today at rehearsal what award she's getting: Outstanding Student in Honors World History. Yippee! She was so afraid she was getting a health/gym award because her teacher loves her, but she's not very athletic (she thought she'd die of embarrassment if that happened). But it's history, her favorite class. I'm happy for her.

I had my "Ninja" class today and got my personality profile. It was very interesting. Apparently I'm a sensitive extrovert. I'm highly organized both consciously and subconsciously, am a bit of a control freak (surprise!), and have a pretty good self-image. I was actually working on a counter-offer today with some clients and the wife asked me if I was an attorney in a former life. ha! It kind of flipped me out. That's all I have for now. Comment people! I'm feeling lonely!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so kewl. I need braces. The ortho I went to wants $1500 down and $200/month for 18 months! OUCH!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

You need to call Melissa's orthodontist: Dr. Sabin Ewing. I think they seemed very reasonable and there are no "add-ons" like a retainer fee later.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home