Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Letter is "M"

My pal Ivy posted a new game. Like Ivy, I'm just giddy about games. She asked anyone who wanted to play to post a comment on her site. She then assigns a letter and my job is to write 10 words that begin with that letter and why that word is important to me. It always comes back to being all about me! haha!

Marriage. When I vowed to love, honor and cherish my husband almost 20 years ago, I meant it. I have never strayed. I love spending time with him. I put up with a lot of crap, but I give out a lot too. It makes me feel wonderful knowing that our love for each other is still true and strong.

Melissa. My baby girl. She is the single most important person in my life whose name begins with the letter "M". She will be 11 years old in August and is already experiencing the pangs of becoming a teenager. Those dastardly hormones are making her even more sensitive and emotional than usual. She felt her best friend betrayed her yesterday, but I assured her that life happens. How we respond to these types of challenges is what defines our character.

Money. Contrary to popular belief, money is not evil. How you treat other people to make money is what can be evil. We have to have money to keep a roof over our heads, to pay bills, to feed our families. I intend to make a good living, to be able to buy nice things, and save for college and retirement, but I will NOT make this money by screwing someone else over. I will make money by treating people fairly, ethically, and with high moral standards.

Monkeys. Let's address the question, "If man evolved from apes, why are there still apes?" I believe it's because man was a different species of ape. There are thousands of species of trees, but still... they are trees. I think the people who dismiss evolution with some glib comment are not too bright. By ignoring science, you are moving us back toward the monkey end of the spectrum. Evolution and creationism CAN go hand-in-hand - stop being so fanatical about your religion (like certain factions of the Islamic faith) and accept this.

Mean. That's how my kids describe my husband and me when we strive to be good parents. When you spend 4 hours a day (plus) on the Internet, yes we will monitor where you go, who you talk to, and what you say. When we say that you need to have 8 hours of sleep, thus you must go to bed by 9:00 p.m., we mean it. Because we are mean. We hope you are good people when you grow up so that you, too, can have and raise good people.

Marketing. I love coming up with marketing ideas. I love writing the mailers, newsletters, and web sites that I maintain. I love sharing these ideas with other agents in my office to see them succeed too.

Moogie. The mother of Quark. From Star Trek. And that takes us to Star Trek. How I love that show. hahaha. Make it so.

Mountains. Our last vacation was to the Smoky Mountains. I loved it. I am ready for another vacation! I'm thinking seriously abut saving money to take my girls to Europe in 2007. BUT I'll have to pay off some major bills first. From surgery. And new sunroom.

Mayhem. This is my political comment. Mayhem is what this administration and Congress has brought to our beautiful nation. Time to kick them all out.

Oooooooo... last M....

I'm going to have to go with M&M's. I love them. Then again, I love anything with chocolate. I think I'd eat a rat turd if it was covered in chocolate. Okay, I'm not really serious about THAT, but I do so love chocolate.

Now, if you want to play this game, you can comment too. I don't really expect anyone to comment because I don't really think anyone reads this blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

People read your blog, hippie! It's just that the same people that read your blog, read mine! :P

BTW, tell Hillary I think she's pretty darn cool, too. Teen types always like me, probably because I act like I'm about twelve. ;)

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home