Saturday, April 15, 2006

I Need Drugs to Survive Easter

Did I already wish you a Happy Easter? Mine doesn't seem to be shaping up to be at all enjoyable. I've been really angry at my husband all day because he has clearly indicated he feels it is a waste of money for me to drive the 2 hours to see my parents at Easter. He said, "MY family is here." First of all, Duh. His mom lives with us. But what really pisses me off is when I picture when our daughters as adults with husbands who say, "You shouldn't go visit your parents." Frankly, I plan to go tomorrow without him. Happy Easter.

Now to top all that off, Melissa is boo-hooing because we didnt' have an Easter egg hunt today. Instead, we mowed the lawn, went to the office, potted flowers, and went to church this evening. We went to the 7:00 p.m mass and it was LONG. It was the night where people come into the church, so there are baptisms, confirmations, and first communions. We sneaked out right after communion at 9:00 p.m. rather than waiting for the "official" ending (another prayer and song). Mass is okay, except when the musicians sing every single part they can sing (every prayer, every amen, every responsorial, etc.). And everything had the same tune. I suppose the musicians were trying to make the Mass extra-special with all the singing because of the people being baptized, but it still annoyed me. Maybe I'm just having a crisis of faith. I feel so guilty about not taking my daughters to church regularly. But when I go, I just sit there annoyed at different things (crying babies, not-perfect singers, etc.).

So we're driving home at 9:15 p.m. only to find out no dinner is ready and I have to go get something. Hello Sonic. It's cheaper than Pizza Hut.

Hopefully Easter Sunday will be better. I hope so because I don't want to spend all day being angry like I've felt today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home