Saturday, April 29, 2006

Not as Mad as a Wet Hornet, but...

I'm feeling a little bit PO'd today at a comment my uncle made on our family web site. It's one of those Yahoo group sites that has actually been wonderful for our family. We all keep in touch regularly (cousins, aunts, uncles, etc.) through the site. Anyway, my cousin or brother or someone started a "Things you might not know about me" and it included four places you've lived, four places you'd rather be right now, four jobs you've had, etc. I said under 4 places I'd rather be, "Sitting in a hot tub with my husband."

My uncle started a new category called, "Four places I'd never want to be."
1. In a hot tub with Kathy's husband.
2. In hell with a broken back.
3. In jail.
4. In bed sick having a nightmare.

I started to reply, "Gee thanks. Glad to know my husband is right up there with HELL, jail, etc." But I called my dad first and asked if I should send it. He said, "I really think it was a joke, Kathy. I laughed and thought I wouldn't want to be in a hot tub with Richard either." So I'm letting it go.

I guess I don't have much of a sense of humor. I want to say something clever and funny back, but having no imagine whatsoever and always thinking of the perfect reply two weeks later has hindered me. Ideas?

Meanwhile, I'm going to post a couple of pictures I took this week. They're sweet! Enjoy!


Our neighbor's niece's horse. I don't know his name (the other one is called "Patches"). He likes to come over to bum apples and carrots.


The irises are in full bloom right now. These look just like my Grandma's irises that she had planted in Branchville, Indiana. Mom and Dad once took a couple when they visited the old homeplace, and we've all managed to replant some in our yards. But since there were already here when we came, I haven't replanted my grandmother's.

That's all for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Hahaha, I'd respond with: "If you're in a hot tub with my husband, I'm going to be irate! ;)"

I dunno. I've got nothin'.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home