Monday, May 15, 2006

Just Another Manic Monday

It has been a crazy Monday. At 8:40 this morning, I received a call from an inspector that I had scheduled for 9:00 a.m. Of course, I had forgotten so I rushed through my shower and got out of the house fast. Luckily, it was a pre-inspection for a new listing I have down the street from me, so it only took me about 30 seconds to get there. The inspection took 3 hours - he did find some problems that my sellers will need to fix. I'm hoping some of it is covered under the home warranty I picked up for them on Friday.

Meanwhile, I've been faxing contracts, etc. to lenders and scheduling signatures, contracts, etc. for this afternoon. I like being busy, that's for sure! I'm still getting used to working on commission only, though. It can get pretty rough.

Meanwhile, the wedding was great fun. I heard my brother's band for the first time and they were AWESOME. He has shared comments other people have made to them before, but since I've never had the opportunity to hear the grown-up version of my brother's guitar playing, I guess I wasn't truly expecting great things. I should have. I think they truly have what it takes to be hugely successful. Okay, here are some wedding pictures starting with a really bad picture of the band (that's my other brother filling in on drums during this one set).


I told you the photo ws bad. My other bro is the one playing the guitar on the right.


My niece Kathy and her husband, Jon.


Nieces, nephews, and daughters clockwise from top left: Trevor, Nicholas, Hillary, Leah, Rebecca, Melissa, Rachel & Darby. The girls in the red are obviously bridesmaids and Nick was a groomsman. The rest of us were just hanger-onners looking for free food and cake. And it was SCRUMMY (scrumptious and yummy).


From left, my sister Karen, Mom Millie, and me sans glasses. Aren't we cute? ha!

And lastly (it should have been first), my dad (Kathy's grandpa) walking the bride down the aisle. We lost her Daddy to cancer 3 1/2 years ago, so my Dad filled in. It's weird how I still get angry when I think about how evil cancer is. I never expected my niece to wear a dress showing so much busom, but if you've got it, flaunt it! Dang!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful wedding! I'm glad the weather was fair!
BTW, I love Melissa's braces!

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home