Friday, May 26, 2006

Good Gosh I'm Such a Fuddy Duddy

I went to an event tonight that should have been an absolute fantastic time. An agent in my office graduated from the police academy and his wife threw a big honkin' party. Free booze. Free food. Live rockin' band. Great people. I had a plate of food (which was yummy). I had one beer (can't have more than that because of my bad liver and I had to drive home). But the loud music really did bother me. And the female singer began walking around singing "to" people. Gaaah!

I began to feel a tad negative. So I didn't want to stand around and bitch about everything to everyone all night and decided to leave. I was there only an hour and a half. Geez. I just didn't feel like schmoozing and working the room. I can't hear in one ear, so really couldn't hear with the loud band. And I felt awkward. And my liver is hurting tonight.

I'm such a fuddy duddy. I feel OLD. Why can't I ever let loose?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Collie said...

I'm in there with ya. I so want to be a Fun Girl. I'm fun in an office-y sort of way...ya know, the one with the sarcastic comments that brings comic relief. But on the party circuit....I hate being around drunks and I'm just old. In fact, this very evening, I discovered Crow's Feet. Not just kinda but scratching.

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home