Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Go Away Sick Feeling

I'm feeling a little bit of Newton's pain, but mine isn't an anxiety or heart attack, or stroke, or anything that serious. I think I'm trying to either come down with a cold or with strep throat. I came home this afternoon from a business retreat at Montgomery Belle State Park... very nice place except you can't get a cell phone signal and they only have :::shudder::: dial-up computer access. Eek. So all day as I'm listening to speakers and working on my personal and professional (business) plans for 2007, I started feeling a tickle in my throat. At this point, it's starting to ache and I'm coughing up crud. I'm hoping it's because I didn't get much sleep last night - strange bed, strange noises, etc. but I'm also feeling hot/cold and getting a tad dizzy.

One interesting item from the retreat: Our Bob Parks Realty general manager Bud George invited local blogger with a big web presence ethos to speak. I guess I'm chopped liver because I've been talking to people for a year about how incredible this blogging community is, how easy it is to blog, blah blah blah, but people don't listen to big ideas (well, shout out to Susie who maintains an Evergreen Farms in Murfreesboro blog... she recognized that people actually go online sometimes to find information) unless they're at a formal forum. Anyway, Randy Elrod did great. His talk was actually about tapping into your creative self to accomplish big dreams, but he also touched on blogging. My fellow agents were ON FIRE to hear more about it. You can probably expect to see a lot more realtors starting blogs soon, so brace yourself! And don't forget who the originals were! :) No, seriously.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a wrinkle story for today. I missed it yesterday because of f*cking dial-up only. The good (or bad) news is that I have several people I've already interviewed, so will continue the series into December. Hey, anyone know a good publisher out there who might be interested? That's one of my personal goals this year (and, gulp, I can't believe I'm putting it out there) - to publish a book. I guess I can always go to blogbinders...

Stayed tuned for Teresa's wrinkles.

1 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

An attorney that I used over by Sonic in LaVergne is also a publisher.

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home