Friday, November 24, 2006

My Friday Resolutions

Today we're going to West Kentucky to visit the families. We'll drive two hours, then drop off Velma at her sister's home and say hello for a few moments. We'll drive another 35 minutes (ish) to my brother's home. This is their first family Thanksgiving in their new home and I'm very much looking forward to it. But I have to make a couple of resolutions so the day is as nice as I'm hoping it will:

1. I resolve to not roll my eyes at anyone.
2. I resolve to not act aggravated when I'm not in control of everything and everyone.
3. I resolve to not yell at my kids for screaming through the house.
4. I resolve to not gloat about the Democratic-controlled Congress.
5. I resolve to play nice when someone asks me about how high my blood sugar is.
6. I resolve to not tell everyone exactly why George W. Bush is an asshat.
7. I resolve to not get angry when I see all the women cleaning everything up while all the men sit on their butts without lifting a finger to help.
8. I resolve to be the one to start the cleaning rather than my sister-in-law who always does it making the rest of us (read me) look bad.
9. I resolve to be patient in getting my family out of the house this morning without getting really angry because they never ever ever ever leave on time.
10. I resolve to remember this is a time to be thankful for all our little quirks and shortcomings because at least we're all together because there is still oil, albeit expensive, to drive and see each other.
11. I resolve to be thankful that the fish in the ocean haven't all died yet.
12. I resolve to be thankful that Nancy Pelosi wouldn't allow Charles Rangel's draft idea to kick in just as my daughters are growing up.
13. I resolve to just play nice with everyone today.

Okay... my mantra... place nice. Be nice. Play nice. Be nice. Play nice. Be nice. See you guys late tonight! Wish us luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

This made me smile.
I feel your pain.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Noooo, be a bitch be a bitch, be a bitch. Playing nice is no fun.

Your bad influence,

Ivy

10:03 AM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

Yikes. Well, hope you had a good trip with as little teeth-grinding as possible!`

11:10 AM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

Am back and had a fantastic time. It wasn't long enough (we got a late start). I think I'll begin planning right now for Christmas because I definitely want to spend more time with my folks. We have such a big family that it's hard to visit with everyone.

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home