Friday, January 19, 2007

Friday! Oh well.

Normally I welcome Fridays with much enthusiasm, but have to work all weekend. Work is good when you know you'll be getting a paycheck, but these are my "volunteer" hours. In real estate, we always have to have an agent at the office in case customers walk-in or call. I'm it. I really don't mind, especially since we have an agent who once sold $3 million from a walk-in while on floor-time. I'd be a happy girl if that happened. But otherwise I don't get paid.

Bad luck comes in threes. This has been a week filled with bad news. My husband's step-mother called and the last surviving aunt from his Dad's family is on the verge. The husband of the woman who mentored me has terminal colon cancer and is on the verge. And my pal Ivy lost her ultra-cool, hip-o-mighty MTV gig. Gah. Here's the thing. I do believe in the law of attraction (aka power of positive thought). So I'm going to think that Ivy's job loss means that something phenomenal will happen for her. Same for Kat Coble's husband. They are such good people that I know in my heart that they will be fine. And let's hope John won't have another funeral to attend for quite awhile.

I took today's photo this morning. I apologize for blotting out the school bus number and the street sign, but you can surely understand why (stop calling me Shirley).



We spent quite some time last night studying for baby girl's math test. It was on figuring the perimeter and the area of various geometric shapes. After what felt like hours of crying because she didn't understand, I got out the scissors and construction paper to make my own shapes. When I showed her that you get the area of the triangle the same way you get the area of a square or rectangle (but divide by two) and I folded the square in half (to demonstrate), I saw her whole face light up. "Ohhhhhhhhhhh!" Oh boy did that make me feel good. Like me, she must be a visual learner.

Okay, I must nap now.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i know, i know! oh wait it's not guess that bus number or street is it? :) Maybe next time.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I totally believe that everything happens for a reason.

7:32 AM  
Blogger John H said...

thanks for the good thoughts, Kathy.

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home