Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's the Tox

I checked my mail at work today and pulled out the usual: a conference brochure on how to be an effective manager (be organized, don't be an ass. $340, please); a conference brochure on how to be a terrific secretary (be organized, always make the boss look good. $340, please); and a postcard on a new listing.

But there was another piece of paper in the box that caught my attention before I flipped it in the trash. There was an eye, lips, a naked buttocks, and the word "erase" on a memo-looking piece of paper. It was my own personal invitation:
"Open House/Botox Event" for employees, associates, family and friends. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres served between 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. If you bring a friend who purchases a package of any sort, you will receive $50 for future procedures.
I'd always heard of these botox parties in California. These rich folks get together, eat, drink, chatter, and line up to have a needle plunged into their lips or eyebrows or cheeks for an instant face lift. I suppose nice, full lips would be great for my American Idol audition, but the whole idea of putting toxins in my body really puts me off.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

And I *so* need Botox, but I am le poor. Sniff!

11:51 PM  
Blogger Lynnster said...

Even tho I've been complaining lately that I feel like I've aged 15 years in the past year, I have no desire whatsoever to do the botox thing. I see too many people come out of it looking like wax figures. I like having facial expressions!!!

12:00 AM  
Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

2 t3h fuNN4y!
.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

No botox for me. I don't see how that can be safe. Ecsspecially after seeing that infamous botox episode of Nip/Tuck. Shivers.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home