Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Recovering from Memorial Weekend

It's been a nice weekend, but I think this week will be just as busy. I worked most of Saturday, so didn't really have a 3-day weekend. On Sunday, we headed toward W. Ky. but didn't make it even into the downtown area of LaVergne when that hail storm hit. We shelted up next to an aluminum building - didn't want to park next to a concrete one in case it came down. When the little business signs began blwoing around (see picture to left), we headed back home and waited for it to blow over. We left 30 minutes later to my uncle's house. He has a million dollar view - his house sits on a hilltop overlooking a lake. Very nice. Anyway we got to visit aunts, uncles, cousins. My nephew was in from Ft. Riley, Kansas and he said they've begun training for going into Iran. Pretty scary.

On Monday, we got up, went Krogering, and began cooking for a friend of mine to come over. Richard had picked up some ribeyes which he grilled (mmmm...). I sauted mushrooms, made greenbeans, a cake, fruit salad, deviled eggs, mac & cheese, and had chips. Ivy came over with the fabulous Megs and too cute for words Nate. I'll tell you a secret about Nate. He likes swimming naked! ha! I had picked up a slip 'n slide at Kroger and the kids had a ball on it. After a while, Nate got tired of wearing his heavy, swollen diaper and clearly indicated he preferred to be sans clothes. It was funny, but I'm not sure Ivy loved it! But that was my fault because I made the little girls go inside when he started swinging it around. hahaha! Seriously, folks, Ivy is such an amazing person. She's got the most interesting, best personality that I've been around in a long time. I love that she's incredibly easy-going. She said I let her know how much I truly like her when I started calling her names (dorkfish).

Everyone left that evening, then I climbed upstairs and sat on my lazy-girl for about an hour before I hit the sack. Got up this morning and here I am at work! Joy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

I had such an awesome time, thanks so much for having me over. :)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home