Saturday, December 02, 2006

My Lack of News Coma

I'm feeling sad and empty inside. I can't read Newscoma anymore and I don't know why. Well, I can read the blog when I link directly to a post like from NiT or something, but when I go to her main page to try to read all the posts, this is what happens:



I get that message that says "Internet Explorer can not open the Internet site http://newscoma.blogspot.com/. Operation aborted."

After, the next page that usually comes up is the script page: try again later blah blah blah. I :::JUST::: opened a new window to capture that screen so I can post it here, and suddenly, my Newscoma is working again. Freaky deeky.

I know my pal Ivy is going to say, "Bitch, puhleeeeze! Get Mozilla like I've been telling you for the last kazillion years!!!" (except I've never heard her say "kazillion). What does everyone else think of Internet Explorer v. Mozilla Firefox? Because at this point, I'm finally giving Firefox some serious consideration.

12 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

It's been doing it to me too, I don't think it's your browser. I think there's some script running on her page that's doing it, it's something she put on there a couple of weeks ago when she did that first remodeling, but not sure what exactly it is that's causing it. Usually if I click through the error two or three times and go back to the page, it'll stop and I can read it.

11:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

In any case, Firefox is great, and I would heartily recommend it. I've used it for several years not.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Well, I took the script off of Snap and that seemed to help a couple of bloggers. I don't know. Lynnster said she was having this problem too.
I also removed the template that gave everyone an acid flashback.
I am so anal that I tried to open it on the other computers here and one of them had an error message but it runs on Opera.
Crappity Crap Crap. I need my visits from my Kathy T.

12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly think it IS Explorer, because when I view my blog with it, it's stretched out and jumbled, yet looking and working just fine with Firefox, Opera and Flock.

I did notice I need to do some touch ups on NC's template, though, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. I know I didn't add any javascripts to her template, so it certainly isn't that.

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Incidentally, you should switch to Firefox. You'll thank yourself.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

I started using Firefox because it is a Google product, as is Blogger, and I seemed to have better luck posting and viewing blogs in Blogger when I use Firefox.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Ditch. Internet. Explorer. Get. Firefox.

That is all.

3:14 PM  
Blogger John H said...

Listen.to.Ivy.

Blogger and Firefox, Blogger and Firefox, they go together like a horse and carriage...

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been doing it to me, too. I find that if I keep hitting "refresh" it eventually stops.

I'm used to nothing ever working in my house, including the computer.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I haven't had any problems, and I use FIREFOX. (make the switch)

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditch IE. Get Firefox. (BTW, it's NOT a Google product, though they do advocate its use).

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've fixed the problem and cleaned up the template a bit. You should now be able to continue your Newscoma viewing pleasure via Explorer . . . though I still think you should go with Firefox. ;)

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home