Thursday, January 25, 2007

I Just Had a Flash (not a hot one)

I'm sitting here watching Keith Olbermann and just had a Daphne Moon kind of moment. I predict that Dick Cheney will step down as vice president and John McCain will be appointed the new VP. Then in order to keep the White House in 2008, George Bush will resign approximately six months after the VP appointment thereby making John McCain president.

John McCain can then run as an incumbent, thus giving the R's a better chance to hold on to power. This could work if McCain then appoints Rudy Giuliani as his VP. I really should be a political strategist because that is pure genius.

Now, let's help the D's. I think Hillary and Barack should not oppose one another. I think they should run together and do this QUICKLY. And if I hear one more person cite "Whitewater" as the reason not to trust Hillary, let me just remind everyone that the MILLIONS spent on THAT investigation only outed a happy ending in the Oval Office. I think it's pretty obvious that had Kenneth Starr found something indictable (anything else), even the first lady would have been called to the carpet. Is that the right expression??

In any case, this election will be tedious, interesting, tiresome, and riveting.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Sara Sue said...

You know...I think you may be onto something here! I'd suggest sending these ideas off to whom they concern...but you know they'd just steal your ideas and you'd be left in the cold. On the other hand...these sound like sound resolutions and would be a service to your country!

Hey...feel free to list my new blog address here, and please know I really appreciate it!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If W resigns before his term ends, he'll be eligible to run for Prez again. I must say though, that I'd MUCH rather have McCain and Rudy in office instead of W/Cheney. But I really doubt that what you're suggesting is gonna happen.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I predict Cheney's sick heart will give out under the stress.

I'm not a Bush/Cheney hater either...I'm apolitical.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

Will I be considered "unAmerican" if I say I am NOT looking forward to the election?

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home