Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Snow SNow SNOw SNOW

Let it snow let it snow let it snow!

We moved from North Dakota to Arkansas when I was 16 years old. I was homesick that first Christmas for my friends from the North, so I went for a lonely little walk that evening. Why I keep talking about God and angels in my posts lately, I'm unsure, yet I prayed that night for snow. And it started snowing.

Meanwhile, I find myself now praying for a snow day so I don't have to drag out of bed at 6:00 a.m. I'm sure there will be a lot of little prayers tonight for snow from the Age 18 and under crowd. My 11-year old said all the teachers are planning for no school tomorrow already. There are going to be a lot of disappointed people if this doesn't pan out.

So who's rushing to the grocery today?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for snow for the same reason. What memories came rushing back when my five year old rushed in from school, turned the tv on, and asked to watch the weather channel!!!
As a native Tennessean, I've learned my lesson. No desperate trips to the store for me! Even if it does happen, we never get enough of anything that Kroger shuts down!!!!!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Sara Sue said...

Mmmmm...snow sounds good right about now. It's been warm and sunny here and for some strange reason, I wish it would snow. If it should snow, will you post me a picture?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

Sweetpea's wearing her pajamas inside out AND backwards! Apparently that's supposed to help make it snow.

10:39 PM  
Blogger Busy Mom said...

But, I really did need groceries! I felt like I should have been wearing a sign that said, "I'm not here because of the snow."

School really, really needs to be out tomorrow, because we have math workbook page issues that need addressing.

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home