Tuesday, July 25, 2006

We Are One, Herbert

Tomorrow is the big day ... the day the hospital tries to induce a heart attack to see if I'm having a heart attack. It's my stress test day. After my birthday almost two weeks ago, I woke up with a heavy feeling in my chest and was in a cold sweat. Both of these "symptoms" persisted for several days. My doc ran an EKG and thankfully it came back normal. But he's also ordered the stress test.

The good news is that I've felt fine for the past week. I had no jaw or neck pain. My left arm ached, but both arms do that, I think from years of typing. I'm just crossing my fingers that it goes well. I hate being worried... about my health. I just got off the phone with Ivy and she's already joined a gym. I may join with her so we can be accountable to each other. I thought about joining Michelle's Ninja/Karate/Hi-Yah! class, but it looked kind of painful. And I'm afraid I'd toot every time I jumped or jerked my legs or arms. How embarrassing.

Meanwhile, the LaVergne blog continues to hop. After one reader moaned and groaned about our "false facts," the city's PR director contacted me and gave our blog permission to scan in, post, and ask for comments from the public regarding the newsletter (I haven't yet had time... I do have a job and a family!). I think she did a marvelous job defusing what could have been a scandalous situation, especially after everyone spoke up about "right to free speech." Anyway, we're all belching rainbows and lemondrops now, and the blog stats show a huge increase in readership. Ironically, I once wrote an article about how politicians are sometimes unflatteringly portrayed in political cartoons (I'd link to it, but it was in 1989... before those tubes and thing we call the information highway were connected). I started the article with a quote by 18th century poet John Wolcot:

"When the rage for fame
Attends both great and small
Better be damned
Than not mentioned at all."

Ain't it the truth??? We had one person (that we know of) damning us at city hall and now we have a boatload of people reading (or is it monitoring) the blog. I think I may be getting a little paranoid about it, too. I watched War of the Worlds the other night. We also posted last week about how the city of LaVergne is conducting an inside investigation on one of the officers. So I dreamed last night that we were being invaded by space aliens who had the intent to destroy our world. Instead of fighting the aliens, the LaVergne city police were searching my house and taking my computer. I kept asking why they weren't fighting the aliens who were outside killing people, and their reply was "That's resisting arrest, missie!" I woke up sweating (again). Ugh.

Meanwhile, we've been talking about designing a Lavergne-TN.blogspot.com shirt to wear around town. Michelle already has a Smyrna store set up on cafe press and we want one too. So if we have any snarky designers out there who are bored and who want to give us something-for-free-because-you-love-us, let us know!!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Good Luck on the stress test! You think maybe you had food poisoning?

IS there a Murfreesboro blog? Oh nevermind, it would be run by MTSU students I am sure. eeeeek. lol

6:31 AM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

Good luck, girlie.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh, man, I hate tests. Good luck on yours.

Have you seen the commercial (I think it was a movie trailer), where a guy's wife makes him do yoga, and the instructor's got him on his back and she's pushing his legs back towards his face and then he poots? The look on her face is PRICELESS. That's what I thought of when you said that about joining Michelle's class. I'd totally do it too.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home