Monday, July 17, 2006

Good Doc Visit

I've been both dreading and looking forward to my doctor appointment today. Dreading because I knew he'd slap my hands for not doing great on my diet, etc. I am weak when it comes to food. Especially sweet food. I love and adore ice cream, cookies, candy, cake, donuts. And carbs. Spaghetti, bread, rolls. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Meanwhile, I was looking forward to the visit because I felt after having chest pain all weekend, I needed to see a doctor. Not just chest pain, but also cold sweats, neck pain, and pain in my shoulder blades. (Uh oh, I thought.)

Well all in all, I think it was a good doctor visit. I've lost 3 pounds, my blood sugar was down, all my other levels (liver, etc.) were down. He went ahead and did an EKG, and it was fine too. Whew! He did set me up for a stress test (you know, where you have to walk a treadmill until you really DO have a heart attack) for next week. I'm nervous about it, but feel it's important.

I'm very relieved.

5 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

Good. Did he tell you that I was wacko about the iron?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

I hate this kinds of visits.
I'm glad your doing okay.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

These kind of visits.
And of course my only excuse for lack of spelling kkills is I work at a newspaper.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Squirrel Queen said...

Glad you got a good report and good luck with the stressssss test. When you're on the treadmill, just pretend like you're dancing your way around the globe.
Hang in there.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Malia said...

Mmmm...food....

excuse while I wipe the drool of the keyboard

10:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home