Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Independence Day

I'm sitting here watching one of my favorite movies - Independence Day. I love this movie. We went to Kentucky today to my brother's house. He had a cook-out and has a pool. Those are two things that make us happy, so we went! On the way, we saw a cloud shaped like the state of Kentucky. Here it is ... I don't know if you can see it or not as it was taken with my little cell phone camera.



See it? I know it's lame but I thought it was cool. We also listened to our favorite 4th of July song that my husband thoughtfully brought along: Tumbuk 3's National Holiday.

Put the chairs out on the lawn
Grandma's got her new dress on
Fresh flowers on grandpa's grave
Junior smells of aftershave

Free the hostages
Pay the ransom

No more pain, no more sorrow
Real life will resume tommorow

My my, hey hey, it's a national holiday.

Those are the only words I remember off the top of my head. Obviously it shows the song was written prior to the Reagan administration... however the more things change, the more they stay the same!

EDIT: By Tumbuk 3, I really meant Timbuk 3. D'oh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Squirrel Queen said...

I see it.
I see it.
The Bluegrass state drifting across the blue sky.
I'd forgotten about the Timbuk 3 song.
Made me smile.
Happy Fourth to a true patriot.

1:17 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Happy Fourth to you.
I see it too.
And I adore Timbuk 3.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home