Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I CAN Change Lightbulbs

So the bulbs have been out on our overhead light in the office for over a month now. I have used up a great number of my allotted curse words over this (one every other time I tried to flip the switch to "ON"). I finally got tired of feeling my way in the dark to turn on the desk lamp, so the fat lazy woman made the effort to get a couple of light bulbs and the stepladder. I patiently took down the globe (cleaned the bugs out of it, of course) and switched out the bulbs.

My husband comes upstairs that evening and I proudly report that I changed the lightbulbs in the office! He glared at me. Uhhhh... I thought you'd be happy that you don't have to do this, Mr. Hip-Replacement Shouldn't Be Climbing Ladders Man Who Does Everything Else Around the House and My Wife Should Be Doing More Things Too. He had gone to the store that very afternoon and bought SPECIAL bulbs to put in the light (they burn 60 watts, but only use 35 or something). I guess we'll wait until my new bulbs burn out before putting in the special ones.

This is the same reason I don't cook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home