Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sigh ... Home Again Tra La

I feel as if I've run non-stop so far this summer. And it's not over yet!

I went to Dawson Springs, Ky. yesterday evening to be with my parents before Mom's "procedure" today. I very much enjoyed seeing them, along with my sister and her almost adult children. Didn't get much sleep, but I've managed to run on empty before and I did it again. I got up early early early with Mom & Dad, then woke the girls after they left for the hospital. It took some doing, but I got the girls rounded up and out the door at the time intended. We got to the hospital and sat with Dad for about two hours until we heard from the doctor.

Mom had a double bypass this past October (8 months ago). Today they found one of the bypasses was already blocked 100%, due to her diabetes and inability to take medicine for high cholesterol. Fortunately, they were able to inflate the vessel used in the bypass and insert a stent. Had they not been able to put in the stent, I don't know what would've happened because they couldn't do another bypass - it would not have been good news. But she will be fine. Whew.

With the good news under our belt, we hightailed it to Bowling Green where we met my niece for lunch and waited for Hillary's friend from Lexington to arrive. They were delayed because of a fatal accident outside of Elizabethtown. Eeep. After sending my kid off to a better place for a few days, Melissa and I returned home. Of course I've had a gazillion work calls and have a dozen things to do tomorrow, but that's okay. Because I stole about a 30-minute nap between 7:00 and 7:30 p.m. Ahhhhh... I needed it.

Now I'm sitting with my feet up imagining how nice it would be to go for a swim. I did price swimming pools on Sunday. Let me tell you what I think of Pool & Spa Depot (did I already say this?). They are asshats. They had a commercial on TV that had me all excited - buy a brand new pool completely installed for $1200. I thought, "Hmmmm.... I could afford that!" My husband assured me that it was a bait and switch scheme - that they only say that to get you in. But hell even for a crappy pool, $1200 isn't too much. Well he was right. The $1200 was for if you have an EXISTING pool and it needs to be relined and reposted. The lying shitheads. The least expensive pool I found was $3600. So I walked away and admitted to my husband that he was right. Happy Father's Day. You are right. I was wrong. But for the remainder of the year, I will be right. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

There is a pool at my apartment complex. We could arrange to hang out together sometime soon.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

I hate commercials like that. Just be honest for pity sakes.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home