Sunday, June 11, 2006

DC Photos (One)

It's 6:17 a.m. and I should still be in bed. Except I can't sleep. My nose is dripping and my feet are still sore. Today should be pretty good - I hope to go to the Smithsonian's Art Gallery today, along with the National Archives. My husband and his friend want a copy of four of Richard Brautigan's books that haven't been "officially" published or copyrighted. He gave a copy to the national archives and said they could be copied, etc. so I'm hoping to make two people - one I love dearly and the other is a dear friend - happy.

Okay, here are some pictures for you to enjoy!


Hillary and me (I'm the one on the left). I think I do look a bit cross-eyed here.


In this photo, I'm standing in the exactly center of Washington, DC. Unfortunately the photographer (my daughter) didn't tilt the camera down far enough so you can see the fancy little star thingie that I'm standing on. haha.


I love this photo that Hillary took. It's of a fountain outside of Union Station. To the right is the Christopher Columbus statue. I believe you can see the "head of the ship" and the aged Indian who is looking to the past (the other side of the statue has a young Indian looking to the future).


My favorite monument of all time (until they build one for me).


My cousin Gaylord (yes, I have a cousin really named Gaylord), his wife Linda, me, their daughter Linzi, and Hillary in front of the White House. My cousin and I definitely have political views that couldn't be further apart, however I'm very proud of him. He is the commander of the Air Force Honor Guard in DC, so is in charge of the Air Force being represented at any ceremonial functions (welcoming heads of state, Arlington funerals, etc.). It's his second command which is rare in the military. Previously he was in the Netherlands with NATO helping to plan the Afghanistan recovery efforts.

I can't post any more pics on this one, so I'm going to make a second entry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home