Friday, June 02, 2006

New Blog Name

I've been thinking a lot lately about the name of my blog. I had picked Resistance is Not Futile before because I adore Star Trek and because I feel pukey when I think about the present state of our government and the havoc it is bringing upon this nation. Six or so months ago when I started this blog, I was greatly concerned about whether our country could overcome the devastation brought upon by this Administration. However, I am feeling more optimistic about government relief coming via the November Congressional elections. I believe in this country and think we can be great again. I don't think we're seeing the fall of the "Roman" empire.

Plus I don't feel that I talk about politics enough to warrant the potent name "Resistance is Not Futile." Maybe I should have learned a lesson from my old boss and identified the mission and objective of this blog before I started. What does my blog mean to me? What do I want to accomplish? When I identify the goals, will they change the way I write? I don't believe I can stop talking about my daughters and their activities. I will probably continue to express happiness, sympathy, ire, boredom, annoyance, jokes, anger, aches, pains, mood swings, and more.

Speaking of jokes, I heard this last weekend and it made me laugh. Skip over the next paragraph if you're easily offended.

What do a nearsighted gynecologist and a puppy have in common? They both have wet noses.

I know, it's disgusting but I did laugh when my brother told it. He had two others that were equally nasty but I promptly forgot them.

But back to the name of this blog. I actually think the mute button is superior to sliced bread. I like my friend the mute button more than knee-highs. More than the ice maker in my freezer. More than straws. I feel this depth of affection toward my mute button because I hate most commercials. I hate hearing the cheering fans standing outside the morning news show studios. I hate high voices on men (I feel so dirty saying that). So I love my mute button.

You know from previous posts that I admit that I'm not as entertaining as other blogs out there and I do go on sometimes about shit that's boring to others and sometimes boring even to me. So I accept the fact that anyone who stumbles across this blog can opt to "hit mute" when they see a post that's not interesting to them. And it's okay. But for me, I'm just going to try to enjoy writing without the pressure of being a word genius. A little bit (lot) of babble. A splash of political commentary. Some thoughts on the culture anomolies around us (Brangelina's baby getting as much press as the earthquake in Indonesia). And how tired my feet are.

I apologize to everyone who has blogrolled me under "Resistance is NOT Futile." You are welcome to change the name if you want, but if you don't want to - whatever. I'm not going to feel stressed about it. Kathy T. is perfectly acceptable if "Where's the Mute Button?" is too long.

Thank you, feel free to grab the mute button at any time, and good night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the new blog name! I ask that question on the bus many times. :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

Yo! I'm back from Colorado. I am awaiting my power cord to get in for my laptop. I am on vacation this week, Kathy... Until my power cord gets in, I plan to be spending time by the pool here at the complex and reading RSS Programming and Studio 8... I think it is the Bible or something.

2:25 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

You're always gonna be Kathy T to me.

Hey...my blog is boring as shit sometimes. Who cres. It's my blog..I can do what I want. right? We can't always be witty or intelligent in our writings. How real would that be?

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home