Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Only One More GS Event this Year

We had our end-of-the-year party for my girl scout troop tonight at the Smyrna park... right as it was supposed to begin it started raining like a sunnufabee-otch. Once the rain slowed, we tried to let the girls play. But they had to come in to the picnic shelter when we heard thunder (where there is thunder, there is lightning). It didn't look like much fun to me, but all the girls seemed quite happy to be wet and muddy. We only have ONE MORE event this year and it'll be a doozie... we're heading to Beech Bend Amusement Park in Bowling Green, Ky on Sunday. We'll leave around 9:00 a.m. and return around 6'ish. It'll be a long long day. But one week from Sunday, I'm heading to D.C. with my oldest daughter for another girl scout troop event.

For the DC trip, the leader wants us to wear color-coordinated clothing. Ummm.... nope. I don't want to wear a fuschia shirt (probably because I don't want to look like a bright pig waddling across the mall). I don't own anything light blue except a business shirt. And I can't even remember what the other color is we're supposed to wear... maybe lime green (which I don't own). So I'll be the oddball. Oh well. I'm such a rebel!

I nearly popped a vessel today when my teenager brought her report card out to the car. She failed English. This is the same girl who had 103, 98, 97, 99, 102 in her other classes. Something wasn't right (especially since she failed several other straight A students). Her teacher said she missed two tests during her two days absent this six weeks, so she just failed her instead of giving her the makeup tests. I guess that teacher had already been yelled at by other parents so she let my daughter do quick makeups. She ended up with an 87 in English which was enough to get her average up to an A, thus keeping her at a 4.0 this year. Boy was I unhappy for awhile, though. My daughter was mad at me for being upset. She explained that a B is actually good. I explained to her that a 4.0 is much better when you try to get scholarships for college three years from now. That was not a pleasant conversation, but a very necessary one. The good news is that my youngest daughter also brought home straight A's. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home