Monday, June 05, 2006

Blast at Beech Bend

I don't know if it's just me, but this is the fifth time I've tried to reach this page to post... and it's still acting screwy.

We had a GREAT time at Beech Bend yesterday! I'll bet there weren't 200 people in the park (the ride side). All my girl scouts behaved beautifully and because there were no lines at any of the rides, they rode and rode and rode. I tried a few rides myself... my favorite was the water log ride (except I think I pee'd a little going down the big drop the first time). My least favorite that I got on was probably the Wild Mouse.


The wild mouse was okay, but just not my cup of tea. I don't do well on spinning rides. The Wild Mouse is a roller coaster, but when it goes around the curve, the cup you're in also spins around. I think my challenge on this was it was around 1:00 in the afternoon and we hadn't had lunch yet. I was already shaky thanks to dropping blood sugar, then I also whooshed around and spun. I only rode it one time, then we had lunch. It was a fun lunch although my girls are white bread kinda kids. I had a flat wheat bread (like a soft taco wrap). We got lunch meat and cheese and the girls rolled them up to eat. I guess the wheat bread was too healthy. They did enjoy the chips and cookies! I thought the sandwiches were delish and my blood sugar really liked them!

My favorite ride was definitely the water log ride. Here's a pic.

BTW, that is NOT me in the picture. I would NEVER hold my hands up on any kind of ride except a ferris wheel. Ironically, I used to always ride my bicycle (even as an adult) without holding onto the handlebars. Maybe it's because I felt I had some control (all the control). I guess I AM a control freak! ha!

I also rode the big wooden rollercoaster, the Kentucky Rumbler. It was okay. Everyone else rode it a number of times, but once was enough for me. I swear my chest got tight afterwards and that scared the crap out of me. Fuddy duddy indeedly I am. You can go to this site to see the animation of the Kentucky rumbler. I tried to put a pic of the coaster here, but it wouldn't "take." So sad.

I finally got one of my kids to do a "Haunted House" ride as well. At Disneyworld 10 years ago, we stood in line for the Haunted Mansion for 30 minutes. When we finally got in, Hillary freaked out and we had to leave. Melissa was scared, but she made it through the ride (clinging to me). She said it was really scary but I thought it was stupid. Thankfully it was free with the arm band (like all the other rides except go karts). I did the ferris wheel a couple of times. I enjoy a good ferris wheel ride, but it always gives me butterflies that first time it reaches the top, then begins to fall.

Now I'm getting ready to go to Washington DC with my Hillary's girl scout troop this Thursday. I'll be gone until late late Monday night (June 12th).

So who's ready for 6/6/6? Tomorrow is going to be a quick-paced day... I have to be at the office at 8:00 a.m. and won't get home until 6:15 p.m. Yee-haw! Have a good one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home