Monday, June 19, 2006

Monday Looking Good

Whew. After freaking out over the one closing last Thursday and Friday, it finally looks like we got the clear to close. The good news is that I'm going to be in town for it. The bad news is why I'm still in town for it. I was supposed to be heading to Bowling Green right now (yes, this instant) to have my daughter meet one of her friends from Lexington. She was heading up to spend the week with Chelsea (a great vacation as Chelsea has an in-ground swimming pool etc.). But she never did any of her laundry yesterday. She never came downstairs to help me unload groceries (I asked her twice). It really pissed me off so I delayed her trip until she helps around the house more. I'd like to see her volunteer to do things without being told every single time. She's assured me, "Well THAT won't happen." Of course she thinks I'm an idiot and even said, "That sounds so much like what a MOM would say!" haha... Surprise baby girl. I am a Mom and a vengeful one at that.

Meanwhile when my afternoon closing (with a quick oil change prior to) is done, I'm heading to Dawson Springs to spend some time with Mom and Dad. Then I'm going to the hospital with them in the morning to wait with Dad while Mom has her procedure (either a stint or another bypass - we're praying for the stint). If you're the praying type, please say some prayers for my Mom. We discussed getting old on the phone last week and I said, "It sucks that your body starts giving out but your mind is still strong." Mom stunned me with her reply, "Well I don't think my mind is as strong anymore either. I forget a lot and don't think as clearly as before." That comment made me sad ... to recognize the decline of both your mind and body.

Dang. I've completely talked myself into being depressed. I didn't mean this post to end on a down note (hence the peppy title of this post) so I guess I'll write some more babble. Hey how about the flooding in Houston? The missing soldiers in Iraq? I guess I need to depend upon my friends to blow some sunshine my way.

Ivy was feeling down. My friend Mandi was down (thanks to her MIL). My friend Pat could express her very strong opinions about politics, but I always get mad after talking with her (we agree politically, but she sure get me wound up!).

I saw an interesting comment by Stephen Hawking on Startrek.com yesterday. He says the only way he can conceive mankind surviving in the long-run is by colonizing the moon, Mars, and eventually other solar systems. He thinks in 20 years, we'll be able to colonize the moon. Wow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Sorry to hear about your mom. Hopefully it will all be fine.

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will you be selling real estate?

Maybe this will help you feel better. I'm a little gassy at the moment.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home