Thursday, June 15, 2006

Utter Breakdown

If I've never had a nervous breakdown before, today is the day it will happen. I'm supposed to be in a meeting upstairs but am waiting until they take a break before I slip in... all the while I'm juggling two closings today. One is like a God-send - perfect down to the wire. The other is another story altogether. The buyers are good buyers, but everything has been difficult - from wiring money to lender requiring proof that their house has sold (it hasn't). We're at the beginning of the domino line, so if this one doesn't close, about three behind us won't, and the dominos fall. Needless to say, the pressure is on.

... I had to stop for a moment to breathe. When I was in college, my on-off switch for my body to expel disgusting waste was my level of nervousness. The first time I had to speak on-air for a radio station was one-upped only by my mad rush to the bathroom and barely making it back to the microphone. I hope that doesn't happen today, but I have a feeling it could.

So say some prayers that I survive today without being hauled away in a straightjacket. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe.

3 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

Hope all went well for you.

6:26 PM  
Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Yeah, how DID it go?!?!?!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

ahhh, my stomach reacts the same way when I get upset.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home