Monday, June 26, 2006

Numb Mind

I read today that having "senior moments" may be an early sign of Alzheimers Disease. Fortunately my senior moments are not too frequent - I'm sure my diabetes and/or liver disease will kill me long before the Alzheimers kicks in. (Yay me?). Seriously, my mind is just numb tonight. Can housework harm brain cells? We had surprise company on Sunday from Lexington, Ky. so busted butt to clean the house before they showed up. Although we never mopped the kitchen floor and their was dog/cat hair all over the dining room floor, I was okay with that because the company has pets and they're used to it! But the thing about dogs and cats... you can sweep or vacuum the entire house and within an hour, you see hair again.

Because the house was presentable, we enjoyed a nice visit (it had been four years). I cooked (yes, I cooked) lasagne, opened a bag of salad, cooked pre-made breadsticks, and made a cucumber/tomato salad. It was all edible. I didn't say "good," just edible.

I've been doing the real estate thing all day today, and all day tomorrow. I have to carve out some time to take the teenagers to the mall so I can say I made an effort to entertain. Anyone have any ideas for something cool to do that won't cost me a flippin' fortune? And doesn't involve driving in harrowing traffic?

BTW, the hubby didn't say anything about the blog. Guess I wasn't too mean to him afterall. Whew.

1 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

my kids enjoy playing tennis.

otherwise, I think they are too old for the water park there at Gregory Mill but they might enjoy the little waterfall.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home