Thursday, June 29, 2006

Creepy Crawlies

My skin and scalp have been itching and crawling all day. I mean ALLLLLLLLLLLL DAAAAAY. And I know why. And so does my buddy the Daily Diablogger. Or is she the Commentater?

We started out early this morning looking at some houses. You see, she is considering making the change from a renter to a home owner. We looked at two lovely, clean houses. And we looked at two fixer-uppers. It was the second fixer-upper that caused me to scream for the FIRST TIME EVER while showing houses. Last summer a spider climbed up my leg in a house and I didn't scream. I joke that I stained the carpet yellow, but I really didn't. I did scream today, though. I think Michelle did too (and she jumped and dropped her keys).

Realtors traditionally leave their business cards when we show houses as a courtesy to the sellers ... it shows that we've been there and also indicates who to contact if there was a problem (forgot to lock a door, for example). So I saw in one of the fixer uppers that another agent left her card and thought I'd go ahead and leave mine too. I reached and laid the card on the counter and when I did, I accidentally brushed against the other card and moved it ever so slightly. At that moment, about 50 - 5000 baby cockroaches streamed out from under the card at about 200 miles an hour. That's when I screamed. Then reacting to my scream, Michelle screamed (and jumped and dropped her keys). We got the hell out of there FAST.

OMFG. Again, my skin is still crawling. As we sat in the car laughing our asses off, I told Michelle that if she wanted to write an offer on THAT property, she'd have to find another agent.

BTW, let me tell you what a sweetheart Michelle is. We met in my office a tad before 9:00 a.m. and she came bearing a gift! She brought a wonderful, delish, scrummy (scrumptious & yummy) coffee from Espresso Joe's! Awwwww!

The little buggers made themselves right at home!


Michelle, we could have captured them and sold them in Thailand!

7 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

OMG. You are so gross. By the way, anyone considering riding with Kathy, I detected no noticeable smell of fart in her vehicle today.

Oh, and I am M. masquerading as a tater while trying to be the smart daily of TIS.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

That is why I'm thankful for Febreeze! haha!

10:01 PM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

Oh, and sweet. I've been told by many men and boys that I scare them in karate. Grown men bigger than two of my husband.

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm rolling on the floor with laughter!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

:::::::::::faints::::::::::

I can handle spiders...as long as they're not poisonous...I can handle snakes...as long as they're not poisonous...but cockroaches make me HURL! omg...I bet you guys couldn't run out of there fast enough!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

OMG ... Kathy I would have peed myself right then.
Roaches give me a huge case of the wiggums.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Bugs
Bugs

Ewwwww

I hate bugs!

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home