Wednesday, June 28, 2006

26.26672 MPG

I haven't crunched the numbers in 10 years, but I finally saved my receipts and recorded my mileage between fill-ups for my car. And I must say that I'm quite pleased. My 1996 Honda Odyssey has over 157,584 miles on it now (that was the number at the last fill-up a couple of days ago). I think it's pretty stinkin' good! I am seriously thinking about getting a hybrid for my next car, but I plan to drive this one until it goes kaput.

So far, the driver's door squeeks badly, the passenger front window won't go up or down, the little switch that controls all passenger windows is broken, the lock always clicks (sometimes randomly for about 48 hours) because of some freaky-you-have-to-pay-$300-to-fix-it-even-though-all-the-Odyssey's-do-it-thing that was like this when we bought it. I've gone through a couple of sets of tires. The front headlight is burned out (my husband has a replacement on my kitchen counter). The back windshield wiper is so worn that it looks like a mop string flopping around. I have one cigarette burn in the backseat from when I used to smoke (I threw the butt out the window and it flew back in). There is evidence of chewing gum and melted crayon ground into the carpet. Plus the upholstery has a little fart-like odor (thank GOD for the Febreeze that I keep in the back).

So who wants to ride with me to Mothership BBQ next Monday??????????

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm there. Maybe Todd too.

5:17 PM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

Fart like odor and all?

I may get to sneak out from work and join you. Unless you want to pick up two stragglers from the work place, we'll be taking my hooptie.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

that's great gas mileage for a van of that age. Personally, the only way I'd buy a hybrid is if they start getting better gas mileage. you can get a toyota (non hybrid) that gets over 40 mpg.

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home