Thursday, July 13, 2006

It Took 46 Years to Get to this Point

Big day here at Kathy T's house. Although I've been saying it for the past 10 months or so, I'm now officially 46. What have I learned in this nearly half a century? Here we go:
  1. A generous spirit can sometimes backfire and hurt you, but the bounty from a lifetime of "giving" is love, friendship, trust, and the feeling deep inside that you have helped somehow.
  2. We all live lives of quiet desperation.
  3. Sometimes the people around you aren't quiet about it.
  4. There are vastly different levels of desperation.
  5. You should always marry for the right reason.
  6. True love is comfortable.
  7. Don't be afraid to be daring.
  8. Truly, you sometimes have to say "What the f*ck!" and go for it!
  9. You are judged on how you look ... frequently this is grossly unfair, but that's just how it is.
  10. Children fill your heart with absolute joy, but they also test you at every turn (especially when they learn to speak!).
  11. It is okay to spank, but not in anger.
  12. You must take care of your health. Bad habits add up quietly and can be deadly.
  13. Tell the people you love that you love them because life is fragile.

Since today is the 13th, I'll leave the list at 13. I don't want to spend this entire day writing a list because it could hit 1300! I turned 13 on a Friday the 13th. Age 13 was not a fun year. I do have to get some work done today - pay some bills, pick up and present a contract on one of my listings. Yippee.

OH! Did I talk about my closing from hell??? I got yet another call yesterday on it. The appraiser said the crawl space door wasn't made from "treated" wood, so it had to be replaced or the loan would be called. So the lender and I bought the wood, had it cut, and went over to the home with my husband's battery-operated screwdriver. I, by gosh, put my first crawl space door on a home! Here's a picture to prove it!

See? Some realtors go out of their way to make sure everything is good!!! I'm hoping this is THE LAST problem with this home. I will never use a certain title company again as they lied throughout the process to cover up their own ineptitude. Here's the door!

Isn't it pretty? :)

10 Comments:

Blogger View From The Lake said...

Happy Birthday you!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Wait...you're 46?!? You don't look a day over 23.....

Happy b'day!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Gunner said...

Good morning granny... errrr I mean Kathy. Happy birthday.

7:28 AM  
Blogger Sharon Collie said...

You and my huzbin are the exact same age.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Sonia said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you had a fabulous day! Love your list!! You are a wise woman indeed.

8:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little late, but happy birthday!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Dottie said...

Happy Birthday a little late! I found you thru Chrisie's site.

I had to laugh (I'm sorry) at your closing from hell story. I'm a Realtor in MO and today has been one of THOSE days for me. LOL It is comforting to know that I am not the only one :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger Tish said...

I hope you had a great birthday! I cruised over from Big Orange Michael's blog. :)

8:48 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Happy belated birthday.
I love reading you, did you know that?

8:33 AM  
Blogger Malia said...

Happy belated birthday!

9:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home