Thursday, July 06, 2006

Who's Who in Blognirvana

A good time was had by all. The WKRN blog event was so much fun! My voice (described as a "cool" husky sound by Newscoma) was really just hoarse because I gabbed waaaaaaay too much because I like hearing myself babble about about inane things hoping for the occasional story that is mildly entertaining. Aaaand breathe.

My friend Daily Diablogger of This is Smyrna invited me to share a ride into the big, scary city with her. I was more than happy to accept her generous invitation and confessed that I might not have gone alone. That's when I found out her ulterior motive was she also didn't want to go alone! Hey man... it worked out for both of us and we had a great time! No bugs crawling on us. No hurrying to get to work. No coffee. But that was okay because we had diet Pepsi! It quenched the thirst in my hoarse, sexy-voiced throat. Hee hee hee.

I never got to speak at any length with Brittney who still hasn't blogrolled this personal blog o' mine. She's blogrolled the LaVergne blog ... guess I have to send her an email. But Brittney was swarmed with people the entire time so I didn't go all starstruck on her.

Had some great laughs with Harelipfrog and No Quarters. Gunner was kind enough to pick up a soda for me because he doesn't go unnoticed at a bar (I couldn't get the bartender's attention). I really wanted an ice-cold brewski but what with this liver disease....

I also met and/or saw:
  • Busy Mom
  • Ethos
  • Lake Neuron
  • Squirrels on Snark (poor thing had to listen to my story about being pelted with a nut by a squirrel PLUS my squirrel poem) (But I got to hear about her siting of a dead squirrel with it's stiff legs pointed up). ha.
  • Terry Frank (I think I saw a nametag go by with her name)
  • Tiny Cat Pants (my personal hero!)
  • TV on the Fritz (cute l'il dude)
  • Rachel of Women's Health News
  • Shauna (Sweetpea's Mom)
  • The extraordinaire Kat Coble (and her work-at-home husband who likes to get out)
  • CeeElCee (his site has been hijacked by David Blaine)(his blog is the first one I've ever felt a personal connection too with his Poseiden adventure).
  • Sista Smiff (She has the coolest blog name that I was intimidated by it, but she rocked!)
  • Mike Sechrist, general manager of WKRN. He was nice until Michelle showed him the canned food she carries around with her. Then he left.
  • Rex L Camino (I heard he was there but am not sure I saw him)
  • Lindsay of Suburban Turmoil
  • Jag (she was fun and I like her layout!)

Okay, that's all I have for now. I think I'll have to begin blogrolling a lot of people! Now if I can just be rolled by NiT! Woe is me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

You do have a great husky voice.

12:16 AM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

"Terry Frank" was actually another blogger going incognito...;-p

And it was SO fantastic to see you again!

1:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hate that I missed the shindig. Maybe next year.

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never got to speak at any length with Brittney who still hasn't blogrolled this personal blog o' mine.

I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to chat. I've got this blog on my list for rolling TODAY. Sorry about the delay. I try to keep them all straight, but obviously I fail. Next time I will make it my personal mission to find you.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Sharon Collie said...

Intimidating? My name? Me? That cracks me up.

Thumbs up back at ya...Very fun to meet you.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

We do have pretty awesome layouts, don't we?

11:57 AM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

You're killing me. I wouldn't have asked just anybody to ride with me. I was hopeing that my car would have that fart smell after a ride with you. Oh, wait a minute... it did before!

Anyway, was it the canned food that drove him away? I bet he never forgets me.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

You were smashing.

9:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home