Tuesday, February 13, 2007

My Sweet Valentine's Gift

For Valentine's Day, the husband and I have hired a handyman to come in and strip the hideous kitchen wallpaper. Woot! He is also going to repair the walls and prep it for paint, then we'll prime and paint as our own do-it-yourself project. I'm stoked! I'll need to do some before and after pictures.

We've cleared the countertops, the tops of the cabinets (and in fact have a load of stuff in the dishwasher now on the "china" cycle), and have taken clocks, calendars, and other assorted items off the walls. We're ready!

I picked up a goofball card for my husband and am giving him a Nacho Libre pen. It'll go with his Homer Simpson bottle opener ("Mmmmm.... beer.... yes! oh yes!"). We're so romantic. I truly find that new sitcom to be hilarious, though it's filled with predictable dialogue, etc. Ummm... Rules of Engagement? We're definitely the Puddy couple.

Meanwhile, I want to wish all my pals in computer land a very happy, romantic, fun, loving, or not-lonely Valentine's Day!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

Wallpaper stripping for Valentine's Day sounds like a good thing to me. Happy Valentine's Day to you and hubby too, my friend!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Heather Solos said...

Tim took the day off so we could get some chores done, too.

We're getting the muffler replaced, taking the dogs to the vet (not something you do with a child under two, if you can help it), and cleaning out my car.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home