Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Times They are a'Changing

The talented Lynnster is working on a little project for yours truly. I'll be making the switch in the next few days to the rising star of blogging: Word Press. I think the powers that be at WP need to design and give the woman a special award for single-handedly luring converting so many disgruntled beta bloggers to their web community. In any case, when my new blog is up, I have a special first post waiting (besides the "this is your first post drivel" that automatically appears that I may delete anyway).

In other news, I've been hard at work planning a Home Buyer Seminar with other agents in my office. If anyone is interested, there is no charge and no sales (the public libraries at which we're meeting have prohibited this). We can't even say "Call us when you're ready to buy" because that constitutes a sales pitch. We can say "Please feel welcome to call if you have any questions." Just loads of information about buying. The seminars are Monday, February 12 at 6:30 p.m. at the Smyrna Public Library and Saturday, February 17 at 10:30 a.m. at the LaVergne Public Library.

Girl Scout cookies are being unloaded from the cookie depot on Saturday (the 17th), so I'll be ready to deliver that next week. It's not to late to get cookies from me, Malia or Busy Mom! I'm excited about the new sugar free brownie cookies, but I'm sure they'll be loaded with carbs... must investigate.

Well I started a rant on Snickers and wife beating that I deleted because after rambling, I saw I had no cohesive, thought-provoking point to make. So I'll leave you with this instead as I get ready to sail to Word Press:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your new digs! And I love the quote. Makes me think.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Sara Sue said...

I second the motion to get Lynnster some sort of award! I sure wish I'd gotten another WP blog...not real happy with the limited features on Blogger.

I love the quote too! Makes me certain I'm doing the right thing with picking up and moving!

Hope to see you at WP soon!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home