Tuesday, February 13, 2007

This One is For the Squirrel Queen

My brother emailed this. I hope I put the link from whence it originally came. If no, here is the link where he picked it up.



It is a better Tuesday as I'm not green and dizzy today. It's also "award" day at work. I'll get my plaque for what was formerly known as the "million dollar club." It's interesting - you have to sell $2 million in real estate to make it because each transaction has a seller agent and a buyer agent, so you only get credit for half of one transaction (unless you sell both sides).

Last year was my first year in that not-so-exclusive club. I also picked up the People's Choice award (aka "Whale Done") in which the other agents vote for who has been the most helpful, best attitude, etc. So that was fun. My only disappointment was I never picked up the "Rookie of the Year" although the agents who been given it said it's been bad luck for them. So maybe in the bigger picture, that's a good thing. The best news is that the two agents who are up for it are really spectacular people. I'll be disappointed for the one that doesn't get it, but ecstatic for the one who does! And then there's always next year!

Okay... I'm done preening. In other news, the husband has finally agreed to allow the teenager to meet her boyfriend after a year of Internet and telephone dating. I'll be going along, as will his mother. The problem is that he's three years older than her. If she was 20, that wouldn't be a big deal. But she's 16 and still in high school. He's 19 and in college. At this point, it is a big deal. I'm just relieved that she's not sneaking around behind our backs to meet him. Sunday is the day. Wish us luck! Anyone from the Cookeville area who can tell us a great place to meet?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynnster said...

Hey, congratulations on the award! Glad you are feeling better!!

As for the upcoming date - hahaha! That is wonderful, and funny! I must say your daughter is obviously a lot more obedient and a lot less scheming than I was at that age to have waited a year like that!

I practically lived in Cookeville my freshman year of college (my HS sweetheart went to Tech while I was at MTSU) but I don't think I can be of much help 'cos everything has probably changed tremendously in the 20 years since I used to hang out up there. There are the usual fast food joints around and near the main (Willow Avenue) exit, including a Wendy's, but there's probably lots better places nowadays than that for meeting up. I'd guess there's probably an O'Charley's/Chili's/etc either near that exit or the next one going east - but, I don't know for sure. It's been a really long time since I've been there. Hopefully someone else will be of more help...

10:13 AM  
Blogger Heather Solos said...

It's a very big deal. I'm speaking from the younger girl's point of view.

E-mail me, if you want to know my story.

12:24 PM  
Blogger Sara Sue said...

Congratulations!! I think you should get The People's Choice this year too. I can't imagine anyone nicer than you!

I hope things go well with the boyfriend meet-up. I love that you and his mother are going to be there! I'm also very impressed with your daughter's patience and honesty...but after all, she is YOUR kid!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all of you! I hope you have a great time!
Not from Cookeville, but I can tell you that they have almost everything these days. You see lots of restaurants just passing by on the highway. Not positive, but I think it's Exit 287 that has most everything!
Good Luck!!!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Great. Absolutely great on the award.
And I'm sure you deserve it. I can see you doing very well at all you do.

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home