Saturday, February 10, 2007

I Have a Dryer, Too

Special note to Shauna - I'm happy to offer my dryer (and washer) if you're still looking for one to use. We have free entertainment here. Two dogs who love people to visit. One grumpy, ancient cat who gets jealous when anyone sits on her couch... unless you pet her poor scrawny body. One grumpy, ancient mother-in-law who delights in telling everyone what an awful housekeeper her daughter-in-law is, what an awful cook her daughter-in-law is, and what a gadabout her useless, probably-a-whore daughter-in-law is. It's fun, I promise!

My great news this week: I have finally found someone to take down the wallpaper in the kitchen and repair the surfaces where the drywall was coming down at a very affordable price. I'm so thrilled! He's coming Wednesday. It's a good thing he's giving me some time to clean off my counters and the tops of my cabinets because the MiL has given up. At least that's what she told the handy-man, "I give up! I can't keep that counter cleared and she* sure doesn't! So I throw my hands up!" (*pointed her finger at me when she said "she"). Nice. We won't even go into her comparing me to "that old thang" she used to be married to and despises with all her heart.

Did I tell you we just hit our 12 year anniversary of the MiL living with us? Do I sound a little frantic? I'm sorry. I really am grateful that the MiL has been there to help us with childcare, laundry, and cooking, I really am. Really. I am. She does have her redeeming qualities. But holy crap. 12 years. 12 LONG years. I think Kathy T. needs a break.

I think Kathy T. will be heading to The Mothership for a certain someone's birthday party this this afternoon. I'm bringing the kids so you get to meet the spawn.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You are the most wonderful person in the world if you could let your mil live with you for 12 years!! I don't care WHO it would be, but I would not let anyone (except my lil family obviously) live with us for longer than a month, maybe 2 if they paid me!!

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, thanks!
Our dryer is now officially fuctioning again, but it wasn't cheap.

My mother-in-law is nearly perfect, and yet I wouldn't want to live with her for twelve days. You're a saint!

10:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think I could have my mother in law live with me either. Or the stepmother in law.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home