Friday, January 27, 2006

It's Official - I'm Insane

It's 10:34 on a Friday night as I start writing this post. I am at the office with two other adults. And 14 preteen girls. We're having a "Lock-In" for our Girl Scout troop since we couldn't afford to go camping. My broker was generous enough to allow us to use our meeting room at no charge.

One of our Moms had a taco bar catered from Qdoba restaurant. Mmmmm... Each girl had to bring a snack, a 2-liter drink, a sleeping bag or blanket, pillow, favorite CD, favorite movie, and a game or craft (if they volunteered). So far everything is going fairly well. One of my co-leaders has a table set up and is painting fingernails. The other is keeping the coffee flowing. Thank God! I just get aggravated when the girls get lazy. You have to ask them 20 times to pick up a mess. Some jump right up and help, but the majority just look at you like, "But I'm a princess and don't have to do anything." Grrrr. One of my prerequisites when the parents dropped off their daughters was to make them sign that they would stay and help clean the room before taking their girls home. I get VERY tired of staying an extra 30 minutes to clean up after these little piggies following our regular meetings.

But my favorite Smyrna police officer who happens to be an agent at my company may stop by and say hello if he gets our "zone" to patrol tonight. :-) I'd love it if he did! He's such an awesome guy! He was in the office earlier today (out of uniform). I poked him with my toe in his leg and said, "Can you arrest me for that?" He just laughed. So I (lightly) punched him in the shoulder and said, "How about for that?" His wife (another agent - one of the sweetest women ever) said, "It gets fun when he gets the handcuffs out!" HAHA!

Okay, wish me luck tonight. It'll be a LONG one. Parents have to be here at 8:00 a.m. for their daughters. That gives us an hour to clean everything.

... Later ... It's now 2:24 a.m. About half the girls are sleeping, but there are three who are beginning to annoy me. I think it's because I'm very sleepy and they won't settle down. I'm going to have to kick their butts if they run down the hallway one more time, or have to go to the bathroom again. Grrr... I can barely keep my eyes open.

k... I'm posting my photo here so I'll have one to add to my profile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Man oh Man...you are brave!! Hope those girls finally calmed down and you got some sleep :)

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home