Friday, August 18, 2006

Just Some Idle Chatter

I talked with Ivy earlier... she's still sore, but recovering. I called her not just to ask about her health and well-being, but to discuss a concert. My teen has an extra ticket for an adult to accompany her and two friends to the Buzz-fest. I really don't want to go and I'm not cool enough anyway. My teen suggested that Ivy take them. How do ya like that? Ivy is officially "Mom's Cool Friend." I know the Commentater and Chip must be devastated, but c'est la vie. Ivy also said she'd try to update her blog this weekend to share the whole hospital experience, but with the accident and subsequent pain meds, she's been .... ahem... unable. She'll probably forget most of it! haha...

With the big family reunion coming up, I'm still deciding whether or not to make the "man cake" that Kerry Woo just tried. I'll probably just wimp out and make the stupid deviled eggs.

I'm watching extreme makeover with baby girl. She doesn't think she wants to be a plastic surgeon when she grows up, but volunteered to work at the front desk of her husband's pracgtice. That girl has high aspirations!!! Marry a doctor. I keep telling my girls that THEY should be planning to be the doctor. But the baby wants to be a guidance counselor or a kid's psychologist. That would make me happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Malia said...

Thanks for the Ivy update!

Oh and that cake idea is hysterical!

11:57 PM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

Devastated? Not.

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so devistated. Words just can not describe. LOL I'm glad she thinks ivy is cool enough to hang with! One day though, she'll see the light about her bus driver and mom's friends. :)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Your deviled eggs ARE GOOD!!!

2:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home