Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Day of Middle School (updated)



Today is my baby girl's first day of middle school. Sixth grade. I felt like I did the first day of kindergarten. Got the lump in my throat. Thankfully I had to go to the bathroom (fast) so didn't break down in front of her. haha.

UPDATE
The first date was WONDERFUL. Ivy's Mom is her homeroom teacher and her first class. She has a "best friend" in every single class so she's just elated. Erica and Melissa R. have four classes each with her, plus Lindsay, Morgan, Naomi, and several other girls are in her classes. She's going to have a very good year.

The oldest daughter also seems happy. She has a couple of really tough classes (chemistry and geometry). She said she was content that she didn't know anyone in those classes because friends won't distract her from listening to the teachers. How mature is that? I hope she's not just blowing happiness my way, but if she isn't then I'm a proud Mom here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWW, you let her ride the bus this morning. I'm so jealous!!!

2:36 PM  
Blogger Kathy T. said...

Only because she thought Morgan was riding too. I did have to stand at the bus stop with her in the sweltering 7:00 a.m. heat. Ugh.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home