Thursday, August 03, 2006

Elections and Real Estate

It appears I'm one of about 124 people who voted in LaVergne today... at least for County Commissioner, District 1. My neighbor and friend Doug Shafer seems to be leading 60 to 54. I just showed my daughter the tabulations and said it shows that every single vote does count. I was disappointed to see that one of my colleagues running for Rutherford County Trustee was losing by a landslide. I did vote for him, but in his case my vote didn't count for much.

I've slowed down a bit at work and have been running some numbers to see if we really are heading into a buyers market. I believe we are. In LaVergne, we have an inventory of 5.98 months of homes available. Anytime you slip over 6 months, it turns into a buyers market. So look out homeowners... you'd better have your place in tip-top shape and price it just below market value if you want to move it quickly.

SUPPLY OF HOMES, by Month
5.98 months LaVergne
5.41 months Smyrna
5.13 months Murfreesboro
5.01 months Rutherford County (outside of the above cities)
5.27 months Davidson County

It looks like LaVergne is the only one really on the cusp of the buyers' market, but the others aren't too far behind. Let's hope with the interest rates dipping in the last week or two, things will improve.

1 Comments:

Blogger Gunner said...

I had heard that houses in many markets were not selling.

What does it mean when they say that the housing bubble has burst? A little real estate 101 could help us humble masses.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home