Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Funerals and Family

I just returned this evening from Indiana, having gone to my uncle's funeral. As sad as funerals are and even though my uncle was awesome, I sure enjoyed seeing some of my cousins that I haven't seen in years and years. Why is it we so rarely gather except for funerals?

My sister and I went together on Tuesday for visitation, but decided to stay for the mass this morning because we felt our Mom needed us there. So Tuesday night after visitation, we went to dinner with three cousins and one cousin-once-removed. ha. It was so much fun! We decided on the Chateau in Mariah Hill (the hometown of Florence Henderson). Well after my sis and I got a room, we headed back to the car and I said, "I'm not sure I even remember how to get to Mariah Carey." My sister pointed, "I don't know how to get to Mariah Carey, but Mariah Hill is that way." Duh. We laughed about that all day today, too.

The good news is our family is now planning a reunion Labor Day weekend. We were also struck by how good-looking our family is. They are sure a handsome group of people. I'll have to take some photos at the reunion so you'll know I'm not just bragging!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

Sorry about your uncle...but glad you are having a family reunion. Everyone needs to do those.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home