Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Injured Ivy

Okay. I've waited all day for Bad Bady Ivy to post about our "adventure" last night. But I guess the pain meds have her too loopy to say anything!

First, her house looks FABBO! Love the paint, love the furniture. She did a great job! But while she was doing all this heavy lifting and rearranging, she pulled something in her back. But Ivy is stoic, so she managed to work through her pain. Then yesterday she slipped in the shower (she can tell you the hows and whys if she wants). Bottom line, the pain was so intense that I grabbed my teenager for a little pro bono babysitting work and drove Ivy to the Emergency Room.

As badly as I want to relate all the details (Doctor Bumpelsticken paged 200 times, for example), I'll let Ivy share those. BUT, here is a picture of the perfect bow I tied on her hospital gown:


Okay, so maybe it's not perfect, but I love it when I can get the ends of the ties to both hang down. It annoys me when one is up and one is down. Ivy can post the photos of her after she had an epiphany about a collander and the one when the pain meds kicked in.

The good news is her lung wasn't collapsed. The bad news is that she's pretty bruised and will be sore for a week or so. But she's OKAY and that's what's important. That's all from me.

3 Comments:

Blogger John H said...

thanks for taking good care of our girl...you really have me curious here, lol...

10:30 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

awwww, Ivy! You're such a good friend Kathy.

8:16 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Oh dear. I had no idea until Saturday about this. I hope she's well.

Thanks for looking after her!

2:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home