Saturday, August 26, 2006

Liveblogging Video-Editing Class at WKRN

It's high noon at WKRN-TV. I'm sitting in a basement room with no windows to stand on my tiptoes to look out. There' s a video feed of what's on Channel 2 right now... looks like a red-headed kid talking to a dark-haired guy in the middle of some woods. Wait... there's some action. He just shot an arrow. Bullseye. Now on to News 2. It is noon afterall.

We're sitting around having lunch catered by the Atlanta Bread Company. My roast beef sandwich is pretty good. I'm smiling at Terri B. and watching Chip as he downloads his videos. I also recognize Kevin Barbieux, the Homeless Guy. Brittney is here.. she's not holding her hands to her head so I can assume the headache has subsided. Mashby is across the room from me. There are two other guys and a gal here who look familiar, but I have no idea who they are. Kerry Woo was here earlier taking pictures. He may have left after his camera broke (he took a picture of me!). Just kidding. But I'm sure it won't be flattering. I'll probably have something in my teeth or look cross-eyed or half-lidded or something.

Joe and Denise are our instructors. So far we've watched several videos and seen examples of editing for continuity, relational edits, and dynamic editing (to convey mood).

Guess I'd better take a quick break before we get started again. More later.

1:30 p.m.

I'm probably the most unsuccessful video editor ever. I decided to use the free software that came with my computer... Windows Movie Maker. I had shot some very cute video of my daughter harrassing our kitty (Kitty) and more of my oldest and her friends getting ready for today's BUZZFEST. (My "cool" friend Ivy is taking them, thank God).

I'm all pumped... these are exciting times! But Windows Movie Maker won't support the .MOV files. Instead of doing any actual editing, I put together a slide show of my family reunion on Windows Movie Maker. I might as well as just used PowerPoint. But oh well.

So for your enjoyment, here are some photos of today's class.



From the left, that's Karen, Mashby, and Denise a News-2 videographer.

2:49 p.m.

I'm back home... still trying to add photos. It has become such a chore on blogger to add pictures! Grrr.. Okay, I've tried about six times now and the pics won't post. We'll just have to wait until another time.

I talked with Ivy and she and the teens are having a good time at Buzzfest. Except none of them remembered blankets to sit on. And they didn't get to ride in Ivy's shiny red convertible because Ivy's husband drove it today.

I'll try to post more later if I can get the photos to take.

I still can't load the photos. Thanks to Kerry Woo for his advice, but that's how I usually load them (singles) and it's still not working. :(

2 Comments:

Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Hey Kathy T. - good to see you this morning -

Try uploading one picture at a time rather than mulitples - works for me everytime on Blogger.

I'll post some pictures soon -

4:13 PM  
Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

Blogger photo glitches -- Yep; I've had 'em... but not since going to Blogger Beta. About halfway down that page, you can sign up to switch.
.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home