Monday, August 28, 2006

Tag, I'm IT

All-righty, then. Connie of Minnesota seemed so sweet in a comment she wrote to me, until she tagged me. So instead of killing my kiddos for neglecting to put my diet creme sodas in the car when they unloaded the cart at Kroger, I'm going to play along with tag instead! Please note that I am usually the one to unload and I stupidly thought my 15 and 11 year old were old enough to take on unloading the cart. I mean, besides not crushing the bread, how hard could it be??? And I felt pukey, so sat in the car for the first time ever whilst they did the work.

So here we go.

1. Which famous person would you most like to learn that you are descended from?
Thomas Jefferson... what a phenomenal person. He was brilliant, yet still human. I also liked how George Washington said his greatest disappointment in life was seeing the country break into a two-party political system. And Eleanor Roosevelt. Do I have to just pick one?

2. Which famous person would you hate to learn that you are descended from?
Adolph Hitler. No explanation necessary.

3. If you could be ancestor to any living famous person, who would it be and why?
I'd like to be the ancestor of the person who invents warp drive. But oh crap. Someone famous who is now living. Hmmmmm... Okay, let's go with Stephen Hawking. Again a brilliant mind... I think that someone who can think independently enough to overcome the influence of today's media, politics, etc. is amazing and I'd take great pride in knowing I may have played a part in that through DNA or social/familial influence.

4. If you could go back in time and meet any known ancestor(s) of yours, who would it be?
I want to say King Fergus of Scotland, removed 16 or 20 generations. However, I'd really like to meet my grandmother who died when Mom was 14. I would have liked to known my paternal grandmother more, too. They said she was a very funny woman, but she died when I was six so I didn't know her well.

5. Tag five others
Ivy! Chip! Daily Diablogger! Sonia (aka tattoo-girl)! Elizabeth!

Ta-dah! All done! Now I have to go find something to drink. Something refreshing. Something that will quench my poor, parched throat. Something inviting. I guess it won't be a diet creme soda. Kids.

5 Comments:

Blogger Connie said...

You said:
"All-righty, then. Connie of Minnesota seemed so sweet in a comment she wrote to me, until she tagged me."

Yes, I do seem sweet at first. Luckily for the general population, I can't keep that act up for long, and you can see through to my manipulative nature quite quickly. ;-)

Thanks for playing along. Sorry you're feeling pukey.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Kat Coble said...

Ha! funny.

We both picked Jefferson.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Now if you two girls are going to copy from each other, I'm going to have to separate you. ;-)

2:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ivy was previously tagged. ::hairflip::

I enjoyed your meme.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Sonia said...

AHHH, finally someone tags me. It's been forever ::: sniffle sob:::::.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home