Friday, September 01, 2006

Labor Day Weekend

Why do kids love Dippin' Dots? I'm sitting here watching The View (a re-run I think as they get ready for Rosie to start next week) and a guy is talking about how carnival sweets are made. It's really interesting watching the cotton candy, the candy swirl lollipops, and the dippin' dots. My daughters adore the ice cream dots. I've had them, but wasn't too impressed. They aren't satisfying like a big spoon of regular ice cream is.

So here we are getting ready for Labor Day. We have no plans whatsoever, except possibly cleaning the house. Gas is too expensive to go on a road trip. I'll probably work either Saturday or Sunday showing houses. I held an open house last weekend and had 13 buyers come through, three who seemed fairly serious. I'm meeting one this evening ot write a contract! The couple walked in, fell in love with the home, and have been preapproved for a loan. I dearly love it when people are that excited about a home!

Is there anything interesting going on in this area that won't cost a fortune to do over Labor Day weekend? The key words here are THAT WON'T COST A FORTUNE. The extra cash I have right now is going to buy my baby girl glasses and the older girl books for English. That's killing me... she is in high school and we have to spend about $100-150 on books. High school. Not college. What's with that?

Dang, what a boring post.

2 Comments:

Blogger ceeelcee said...

No post that includes Dippin' Dots can be boring. They're the ice cream of the future!

Of course, we were all supposed to still be drinking Tang...

11:53 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What books does your daughter need?

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home