Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What a Shame, Or Is It?

I have a question for gay men .... It's rather stupid, but something I've always wondered about. There are gay men who are handsome, good-looking, and quite appealing. And I think, "What a shame." Of course, this thought is on behalf of the loss to womankind of that good looking man, not because I'm being judgmental. But I guess I am being judgmental because isn't love still love for whomever that gay man shares his life with? But I'm going off topic.

My question: when a gay man hears "what a shame," does he take it as a compliment or an insult? Is he repelled that a woman would find him attractive? Or deaf to the comment because it doesn't matter anyway?

Maybe my question isn't important in the bigger world view. But in my tiny little world, my curiousity begged the question.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Depends on who the "what a shame" is coming from and how it's said. Tact is everything you know. ;) I usually take it as a compliment. :)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl you are silly.....tere are alot of gay guys out there that are so good looking it is a shame....your not being judgemental either its a know fact in our community....we have those "what a shames", "fag hags" and "wanna bes" but the best one is one that isnt judgemental of us and ones that are good friends..can never have enough good friends in life to share your exp with. there seems to be alot of great wonderful bloggers online in the area that are not judgemental


mark in lavergne

9:38 PM  
Blogger View From The Lake said...

I think the bigger shame is in the person who values outward appearances more than inward beauty. I can look and admire a work of art from the outside but this person's inside may be as ugly as any image we could conjure. It is no shame that one is beautiful. Depending on the intent of the comment. If it was intended to be humorous, I can laugh. But if serious... here comes the philosphical debate.

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home