Thursday, September 14, 2006

Meeting in Chattanooga

I'm in Chattanooga today for a meeting with the Middle Tennessee Board of Realtors - a strategic thinking session. I wanted to be cute and write "planning" instead of thinking and do the "strikethrough" but am not smart enough to figure out how. Anyway, it's been a pretty interesting couple of days.

Here's the one thing that I learned: since the Tennessean bought the Daily News Journal, another Murfreesboro newspaper is making its maiden appearance on October 8th: The Murfreesboro Post. The publisher is the former editor of the Daily News Journal. I don't even know who that is, but it's kind of exciting to me that we'll have another newspaper. I've long thought that Smyrna and LaVergne are big enough to support a newspaper (good grief, my hometown of 3,000 has a weekly paper). If anyone wants to step up and be publisher, I'll volunteer to be editor! Except you'd have to pay me so I wouldn't really be volunteering! ;)

Other news, the state is considering raising educational requirements for new licensees... for example they may require that you have complete an associates degree. Everyone is going on about how anyone who has a pulse can get a license, but I found my class to be challenging and the state test wasn't easy at all. I guess not having a photographic memory makes it harder! Because I don't think I'm stupid at all. Well, sometimes. I know I'm not brilliant like Aunt B, Kat Coble, B Dub, John, Ivy, etc. (if I didn't name you, it's because you're in the etc. category!), but I'm not stupid. I have stupid moments (wearing my price tag to my first job interview). But overall I don't cry myself to sleep every night because of the phenomenally stupid thing I've done that day. That happens just once or twice a year. I haven't done that lately, so I guess I'm about due.

Anyway, I'm going to close this Jerry Seinfeldesque missive with two pictures I took from my hotel window this morning.

Tiny picture - sorry. This is the bright red lit-up Chattanooga Choo-Choo sign. It looked cool in person, but my little phone camera (zoomed in, no less) didn't do it justice.


This is the sun peeking around the building across from me. It looks like a grain elevator or something. This picture didn't have to be big to appreciate its coolness.

That's it! Have a great day!

5 Comments:

Blogger Sonia said...

have fun in chooo choo town :)another paper in M'boro hmmm? Word on the street....DNJ is going to hell in a handbasket...but ya know...that's just the word.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Wave towards Ooltewah for me, please. Wish I were there, too.

10:24 AM  
Blogger Connie said...

Ooh ooh and a great place for lunch in downtown Chattanooga is Cheeburger Cheeburger. It's at 138-A Market Street, pretty much just across from the Aquarium. Phone = 423-265-4108. If you go, say hello to Charles, Betty, and/or David Sahm. Tell them Connie in Minnesota sent you. :-)

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we miss you girl come home soon....see ya sat at the meeting mark in lavergne here

4:10 PM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

Another paper?
Cool beans.

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home