Wednesday, September 06, 2006

In Homework Hell

I'm feeling a little better today about life in general. Except for homework! Baby girl had a TON of homework tonight, but the worst was studying for her science test tomorrow. I do not have a scientific mind so it's excruciating to me to review kinetic energy, potential energy, mechanical, sound, light, electrical, thermal, chemical, and nuclear - nuclear was the only "energy" word in her science book with the (pro-nun-see-ay-shun) spelled out which I thought was rather humorous. Did the scientific community get a jab in on the holder of our nation's highest office?

Teenage girl also has a boat-load of homework. She has an English teacher who is a student's worst nightmare. They have a project due on Friday and the teacher will not tell them how to format their report. She said they should go to Kinkos because they'd know what to do. Well with gas $2.65 p/gallon, I think the teacher can take five minutes of class time to tell the students what the format should be. I can try to get to Kinkos tomorrow, but it makes me mad for (me!) the parents who have no way to get to one. And speaking of Kinkos, if anyone is looking to open a business, they should definitely look into an office supply store in the Smyrna or LaVergne area.

But back to the English class. The teacher requires the students to purchase the following books for class. We actually owned a couple at one time, but don't have them anymore. If anyone happens to have any of these and wouldn't mind a loaner for the school year, please let me know:
  • Mythology by Edith Hamilton
  • Fat Land by Greg Critser
  • Breaking Through by Francisco Jimenez
  • Death Be Not Proud by John Gunther
  • Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
  • The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boone

Thanks in advance!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite grateful High School Son has a science mind and never needs help with anything.

The Middle School Girl though....she hates to ask me for help because we just don't gel doing homework so she gets her dad to help.

With math stuff, past multiplying, I'm no help and they're on their own.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home